Master Student at Cornell
I was an intern at Software Analytics Group of Microsoft Research Asia. I was a research intern at University of British Columbia, supervised by Prof. Zheng Liu. I was a 2nd Prize winner at 2017 Microsoft Beauty of Programming. I finished my undergraduate degree at Wuhan University.
My interests include: applied machine learning, backend devlopment and computer vision applications.
- [Aug 2019] Begin master study in ECE @ Cornell University
- [Feb 2019] Start internship at Microsoft Research Asia
- [Jan 2019] Paper accepted by IEEE I2MTC 2019
- [July 2018] As research intern at University of British Columbia, Canada
- [May 2018] Paper accepted by IEEE ICIP 2018
- [Aug 2017] Win 2nd Prize at Microsoft Beauty of Programming
Education & Experiences
- School of Engineering, Cornell University, Ithaca, NY
Aug. 2019 - Present
- Department of Electronic Engineering, School of Electronic Information, Wuhan University, China
Sept. 2015 - June 2019
- School of Engineering, University of British Columbia, Canada
July 2018 - Oct. 2018
- R&D Intern, Software Analytics Group, Microsoft Research Asia (MSRA), China
Feb. 2019 - July 2019
- Research Intern, ISDPR Lab, University of British Columbia, Canada
Supervised by Prof. Zheng Liu.
- Research Assistant, Digital Signal Processing Lab, Wuhan University, China
Since 2016, supervised by Dr. Jia Yan and Prof. Cien Fan.
Artistic Image Generation from Sketch by Using Conditional Adversarial Network and Style Feature Transform
This project helps turn your casual sketches into beautiful artwork automatically, based on Deep Learning image-to-image translation and arbitrary style transfer.
Final project for Digital Image Processing course, supervised by Dr. Jia Yan.
Jun. 2018, Python
Intelligent Chatbot for the University
A chatbot based on natural language processing and machine learning. Won the 2nd Prize (2/1100) in 2017 Beauty of Programming (Microsoft Research Asia & IEEE)
Technical: KBQA-based Model, Image Classification, Caffe Image Aesthetics Analysis Model, Azure Deployment
Automatic Piloting Quadcopter
Built an autonomous quadcopter control system with machine vision. Won the 1st Prize in 2017 National Undergraduate Electronic Design Contest, Hubei Province
Technical: Cascade PID Controller Algorithm, Real-time Object Tracking based on Image Processing, ARM STM32 board.
Aug. 2017, C, STM32
No-Reference Quality Assessment of Contrast-Distorted Images using Contrast Enhancement
Jia Yan, Jie Li, Xin Fu
Journal of Visual Communication and Image Representation, 2018 (Under review)
- Xin Fu, Wang Yun, et al. Visualization Assessment: A Machine Learning Approach, 2019 IEEE InfoVis Conference, accepted
- Xin Fu, Zheng Liu, et al. Towards End-to-end Pulsed Eddy Current Classiﬁcation and Regression with CNN, 2019 IEEE International Instrumentation and Measurement Technology Conference, accepted
- Xin Fu, Jia Yan, Cien Fan. Image Aesthetics Assessment using Composite Features from Off-the-shelf Deep Models, 2018 IEEE International Conference on Image Processing (ICIP 2018), accepted
- Jia Yan, Jie Li, Xin Fu. No Reference Quality Metric of Contrast Distorted Images using Equalization, Journal of Visual Communication and Image Representation 2018, submitted
Awards & Honors
- 2nd Prize of Microsoft Beauty of Programming (2/2500, top 0.1%) 2017
- 1st Prize of National Undergraduate Electronic Design Contest, Hubei Prov. (top 1%) 2016 & 2017
- 3rd Prize of National English Competition for College Students (top 5%) 2017
- Yu Gang Scholarship 2016
Rank 1st out of the school
- Ruan Liping Scholarship 2017
Rank 4th out of the school
this site is powered by vuepress-homepage